Beef and broccoli in a stir-fry sauce.
Ingredients (serves 5)
You will also need: wok
- In a large skillet or wok, heat half of the oil over high heat.
- Add onion, water chestnuts and broccoli. Cook until crisp and tender; for 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir in beef and garlic. Cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture back to skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and add to skillet.
- Combine water and cornstarch to make a smooth paste. Stir into skillet.
- Cook until sauce thickens and heated through.