Adobo and lime seasoned chicken with a rice and corn side dish
Ingredients (serves 4)
- In a small bowl, mix adobo seasoning and water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir to produce a paste.
- Sprinkle lime juice on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Rub adobo paste onto both sides of the chicken.
- Refrigerate, covered for 1-2 hours.
- Melt 2 tsp of butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle salt to taste on chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness and then turn. Chicken should be brown.
- Cook an additional 2-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add lime juice and remaining butter to pan.
- Add rice, beans and corn, stir well, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes, until butter is completely melted and incorporated.