Grilled lamb marinated in a wine sauce. Goes great with pita bread.
Original recipe serves 7
Ingredients (serves 7)
- In a bowl, combine wine, oil, onion, garlic, bay leaf, lemon juice and oregano.
- Put leg of lamb in a large shallow dish.
- Pour wine mixture over lamb, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight, turning occassionally.
- Remove lamb and reserve marinade. Brush a grill with olive oil and grill lamb, covered for 20 minutes, basting with marinade occassionally.
- Turn and grill an additional 20 minutes or until desired doneness is obtained.
- Transfer cooked lamb to a serving platter and slice thinly, and season with salt and pepper to taste.