LIght and fluffy sugar cookies.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the cream. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, and combine until dough forms.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface, about 1/4 thick, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Use a 3 inch diameter cookie cutter to cut dough, and place on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cookies comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before eating.