A sweet, easy cake-like souffle made with dried figs.
Original recipe serves 12
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the molasses and eggs, and beat again.
- Add the lemon zest, walnuts, figs and buttermilk. Blend for about 1 minute. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4 inch souffle dish and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To serve, cut into wedges or spoon the pudding onto plates. Garnish with the whipped cream, if desired.