Tasty and healthy, all served in one dish!
Ingredients (serves 4)
You will also need: baking dish
- Cook brown rice and put aside.
- In a large pan, sauted garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute on high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and saute about 4-5 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and juiced are clear.
- Remove chicken and put aside.
- Add frozen spinach and mushrooms to the juices left in the pan, and cook, stirring to separate and defrost the spinach. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until warm and tender. Season with a little salt if desired.
- Remove spinach and put it aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pan (it's OK if there's some spinach or garlic pieces left in it), pour in the chicken stock or broth, the Balsamic vinegar, and the can of diced tomatoes with the juice. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish (I use a glass oval one), layer the rice, then spinach and mushrooms, then the chicken, and top it with the tomato mixture.
- If necessary, heat the dish before serving.