An Indian vegetarian dish of cheese and spinach.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Blanch the spinach by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the spinach for 3 minutes, drain, and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Let it sit for a minute.
- Drain the spinach completely using a slotted spoon or strainer. Transfer to a food processor or blender, add the ginger, green chile peppers and 1/4 cup of water, and process until pureed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee in a pan and fry the paneer cubes, turning occassionally, until sides are browned. Remove the paneer from heat and let drain on a paper towel.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, and add the onion. Stir-fry the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in the spinach puree and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the 1/3 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the paneer cubes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with naan.