Crispy bread treat with balsamic glaze.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Preheat oven with grill/broiler settings on medium heat.
- Place bread into a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and grill until crisp and golden.
- Make balsamic glaze by combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Top each bread slice with half of the basil leaves, the avocado slices, tomato halves and mozzarella. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste, and place back into the oven for a futher 3-5 minutes, or until tomatoes have grilled to your liking and cheese has warmed.
- Finely chop remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over the crostini. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.