A grilled and colorful mix of vegetables.
Original recipe serves 8
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Grill peppers skin side down for 12 to 15 minutes. Turn and grill until the skins are charred black.
- Enclose poppers in foil. Let the peppers steam for about 15 minutes and peel off the charred skins.
- Trim the top and bottom of the eggplants. Slice them lengthwise, 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the eggplant slices on both sides with some of the olive oil. Grill over hot coals, 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Trim the top and bottom off the yellow squash and zucchini. Slice lengthwise, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush the squash slices with oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes per side, until browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut into wedges. Brush with oil and grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side until browned and tender. Set aside.
- Arrange vegetables on a serving platter and drizzle with reserved 2 tbsp of of oil and some pepper. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature.