Peppers stuffed with a garlic flavored chicken and seasoned ricotta cheese filling.
Ingredients (serves 12)
You will also need: baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic. Microwave for about 10 seconds to bring out the garlic flavor into the oil.
- Dip chicken pieces in oil mixture and coat with bread crumbs. Saute chicken in a large skillet until done.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzerella cheeses, chicken, garlic salt, basil, parsley and oregano. Mix well.
- Remove tops. membrane and seeds from each pepper and place on a baking sheet, with open tops facing upward. In each pepper, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce to the bottom, and then fill with enough chicken and cheese filling to reach close to the top but not all the way.
- Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, and then close the tops of the peppers with additional mozzerella cheese.
- Sprinkle additional oregano onto the cheese if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-40 minutes, checking for doneness at least every 20 minutes.