An easy dessert or snack that is sweet and tart.
Ingredients (serves 48)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Combine water, sugar and cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about 15 mintues until all cranberries have popped and the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine eggs, cake mix, butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, ginger, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Set aside about 1 1/2 cup of the mixture and spread the rest evenly in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pack it down tightly to make it solid.
- Evenly spread on the cranberry mixture.
- Spread on the reserved oat mixture to make another layer.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 40 minutes before cutting into bars.