Chicken sauteed in a butter, oil, and lemon sauce with artichoke hearts mixed in.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large dish and dredge the pounded chicken breast until coated. Shake off any excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary to avoid overcrowding the skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Using the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and artichoke hearts and saute until the garlic is soft, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine, stirring well to incorporate any bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the capers, lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce until half of the liquid remains.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Continue cooking until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and turn to coat with the lemon sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the chicken is warmed through, and serve.