Apples and oats with a caramel filling. Perfect as a make-ahead dessert for a fall party.
Ingredients (serves 72)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan
- Combine brown sugar, 2 cups of flour, baking soda, oats in a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the flour mixture into the baking pan. This is the crust. Set other half aside. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Combine caramel sauce and 1/2 cup of flour in a small pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, making the caramel filling.
- Spread apple slices over the baked crust. Sprinkle on the walnuts evenly.
- Pour the caramel filling over the walnut layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the carmel layer and bake for another 20-25 mintues or until golden.
- Cool before cutting into bars.