Thin slices of floured chicken breast served with vegetables in a lemon and wine sauce.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Pour 5 tbsp of olive oil onto a plate, and flour on another plate. Dip chicken pieces in oil and then flour, turning to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium-high until oil faintly smokes.
- Add carrots and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add red bell pepper and stir 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan on medium-high heat until oil faintly smokes. Add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until done and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and keep warm. You can place the chicken in a pan with the wegetables and keep in the oven on low heat.
- Reduce heat in pan to medium and add garlic. Add wine and broth. simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Coook additional 3-5 minutes to reduce liquids. Add capers. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add butter and stir to melt.
- Place a small amount of sauce on a plate, and top with vegetables and chicken. Garnish with parsely and lemon wedge if desired. This dish goes well with rice or potato.