A semi-homemade banana-based baked Alaska
Ingredients (serves 16)
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and sliced banana.
- Place the first cookie disk in the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan. Spread ice cream on top of cookie. Place second cookie on top of ice cream.
- Place pudding mixture on top of second cookie, and cover with toasted almonds.
- Cover, and place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Prepare meringue by whisking together the egg whites, sugar, and almond extract until foamy and frothy.
- Remove cake pan from freezer, remove pan sides, and cover cake with meringue. Use a butter knife to create peaks.
- Place in preheated broiler for a few seconds or until meringue peaks have browned.