Soft cookies made from molasses and ginger.
Ingredients (serves 65)
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, adding one at a time, then beat in the molasses.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg and molasses mixture, beating to combine it all.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or until the dough is easily handled.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and then roll into additional sugar to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until browned and slightly puffy. Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool for about 1 minute before transferring them to a wire rack.