Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Goes well with rice or pita bread.
Ingredients (serves 4)
You will also need: grill
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in chicken, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill until chicken is fully cooked. I did this on a George Foreman Grill and it came out great!
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cream.
- Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.