Breaded chicken breasts stuffed with cheese, roasted red peppers and capers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
You will also need: baking sheet
- Cut the red bell pepper into quarters and place on a baking sheet, skin side up. Place in oven and broil until the skin chars.
- Remove from oven and peel charred skin off with fingers (when cool enough), or a sharp knife. Discard skin and mince the roasted peppers. Set aside. Alternatively, you can buy ready-made roasted red peppers, which usually come in a jar.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place minced garlic in a microwave safe bowl with the olive oil and microwave for 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsely, garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in the oil mixture, and then dip in the breadcrumb mixture to coat only ONE side.
- Lay chicken pieces down, breaded side down, and place 1 to 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese in the center of chicken cutlet.
- Place a small amount of capers, sundried tomatoes, and minced red pepper on the mozzarella cheese. Adjust the amount of filling you use as needed according to the size of the chicken cutlet. Add any remaining garlic from the oil mixture.
- Fold the chicken over the cheese, tomato and pepper mixture to close.
- Place each stuffed chicken breast, seams down, in a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top chicken pieces with any remaining cheese or peppers.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes or until done, turning as needed. Allow cheese inside the chicken to melt before turning, as the melted cheese will prevent the chicken from opening.